The heat is on and we are all sweating it here in South Florida. That is no reason to hibernate at home however! You can find plenty to love about summer here in South Florida even in the dog days of summer.
- Fewer people! The snow birds and tourists have left the area, which gives the rest of us some elbow room. Enjoy the less crowded roads and restaurants, and know that as a local, you know the secrets of your hometown.
- Lower prices! Take advantage of the savings in the summer. Fewer tourists means the restaurants and entertainment spots offer special prices.
- Slower pace! The casual atmosphere of South Florida means less hurry and less worry, and that is doubley true in the summer time. It’s the tropics, enjoy the pace.
- Go outside anyway! With sunscreen, a good hat and proper planning, you can still enjoy the outdoors in Florida. Explore nature with a short walk through the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach, Blowing Rocks Preserve in Tequesta, or the Wakodatahatchee Wetlands bird sanctuary in Delray Beach.
- Get out on the water! Let the ocean breezes keep you cool. Try an intracoastal tour out of Delray or Riviera Beach. Or go further out to sea with a sunset tour on a catamaran from West Palm Beach!
- Air conditioning! Thankfully modern technology has made long Florida summers more tolerable. Have fun while escaping the heat with indoor trampolines, an afternoon making a painting at an art studio, or hit up the local science museum or art museum.