Welcome to the 21st century where even home buying and selling are made easier with your smart phone. Knowledge is power and you can improve your realty experience with these 5 powerful apps:
- Jackie’s Keller Williams app. With this app, you can get free instant access to local homes for sale from any cell phone or tablet. Jackie’s Keller Williams Realty Real Estate Search is available for Android, Iphone or IPad. You will find three ways to get Jackie’s KW app at JackieEllisOnTheGo.com.
- Redfin. This app updates every 15 minutes, so you are always getting fresh information! While this app can’t replace a qualified real estate agent, you can optimize your search with a variety of filters.
- Zillow Real Estate. With this app, you can easily search for homes for sale or for rent. Get your house listed on this site to reach numerous potential buyers. You can also take advantage of the Video Walkthrough feature.
- Realtor.com. The granddaddy of real estate apps is still going strong. With numerous photos and important details such as sales history, this app and site remain important tools for your home buying or selling experience.
- Mortgage Calculator at Quicken.com. Having a good sense of how much you can afford is the starting block for your house shopping adventure. You can use this app whether you use Quicken as a mortgage company or not.
The heat is on and we are all sweating it here in South Florida. That is no reason to hibernate at home however! You can find plenty to love about summer here in South Florida even in the dog days of summer.
- Fewer people! The snow birds and tourists have left the area, which gives the rest of us some elbow room. Enjoy the less crowded roads and restaurants, and know that as a local, you know the secrets of your hometown.
- Lower prices! Take advantage of the savings in the summer. Fewer tourists means the restaurants and entertainment spots offer special prices.
- Slower pace! The casual atmosphere of South Florida means less hurry and less worry, and that is doubley true in the summer time. It’s the tropics, enjoy the pace.
- Go outside anyway! With sunscreen, a good hat and proper planning, you can still enjoy the outdoors in Florida. Explore nature with a short walk through the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach, Blowing Rocks Preserve in Tequesta, or the Wakodatahatchee Wetlands bird sanctuary in Delray Beach.
- Get out on the water! Let the ocean breezes keep you cool. Try an intracoastal tour out of Delray or Riviera Beach. Or go further out to sea with a sunset tour on a catamaran from West Palm Beach!
- Air conditioning! Thankfully modern technology has made long Florida summers more tolerable. Have fun while escaping the heat with indoor trampolines, an afternoon making a painting at an art studio, or hit up the local science museum or art museum.