It’s a common misconception that waiting until after the year-end holidays is better for listing your home. To clear this up, we’ve compiled the Top 10 Reasons why you should list your home before the holidays!
10. By Selling Now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low!
9. Even though your house will be on the market, you still have the option to restrict showings during the days around the Holidays.
8. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the Holidays when these prospects are looking.
7. Some buyers need to purchase their home before the end of the year for tax purposes.
6. Buyers have more time to look at homes during the holidays than during normal work weeks.
5. Buyers are more emotional during the holidays, so they are more likely to pay the list price.
4. Houses show better when they are decorated for the holidays!
3. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your home. Less demand means less money for you!
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays, which means less competition. Less competition = more money for your home!
1. People who look for homes during the holidays are more serious buyers!
If you are interested in seeing what your home is worth in this Market, visit WhatIsMyHomeProfit.com for a value estimate or call us at 561-965-1225 to speak to a Listing Expert about selling your home.